· By Nicole Maddock
Golden Milk Recipe
Here is the COZIEST possible drink for your holiday season. Light the fireplace and sip on some golden milk and watch your favorite rom com!
This recipe is a little complex, but stay with us - it’s WORTH IT!
Golden milk is a perfect treat for guests, and will keep in the fridge for up to ten days.
23 g of turmeric
22 g of cardamom
38 g of whole cinnamon sticks
22 g of whole black peppercorn
20 g of star anise
227 g of crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
2 tsp of sea salt
2, 64 oz cartons unsweetened coconut milk
380 g of honey
38 g of vanilla extract
1. Add all spices (first 7 ingredients) to pot and stir over medium high heat until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients once fragrant.
2. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally.
3. Lower heat to low and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly
4. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 20 additional minutes.
5. Strain over a cheese cloth lined sieve into a large container
6. Prepare an ice bath. Plunge container in ice bath until room temperature. Store in fridge for up to 10 days.
7. To use: mix golden milk concentrate with equals parts plain coconut milk in a carafe.
Pairs extremely well with Chai and Golden Hour Tea.